This 12th edition of the Job Shaodw Day allowed 132 students to discover the role of a company manager. In total, 24 schools and 81 companies participated in this edition. This experience is about more than just visiting a company. The student shadows a company director or his or her representative during a working day and learns valuable insights into the reality of working in a company and the skills needed to run a business.
Organised by the non-profit organisation Jonk Entrepreneuren Luxembourg in collaboration with Fedil, the Ministry of National Education, Children and Youth, the Chamber of Trade and the Chamber of Commerce, this job shadow day took place from 29 March to 2 April 2021.
Job Shadow Day allows students to :
- realise how their academic knowledge and skills will help them in their professional lives;
- understand the requirements for achieving goals and success in working life;
- discover how a team functions in a professional context;
- acquire important information about different career options;
- develop their entrepreneurial spirit.
For companies, Job Shadow Day offers the possibility to :
- discover a potential new talent and a possible employee at the same time;
- position the company as an attractive employer and promote a positive image to the outside world;
- to engage in Corporate Social Responsibility;
- passing on professional experience to the young entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
JEL would also like to thank all participating companies:
A Beautiful Green, Accumalux SA, Alipa, Apleona HSG, Apollo Strategists, Arendt, Aura Groupe, Badenoch + Clark, Bamolux, Bonaria Frères SA, Brasserie Nationale SA, CDCL SA, Cebi Luxembourg SA, Ceratizit Sàrl, CFL Cargo SA, Chambre de Commerce, Chambre de Commerce – House of Entrepreneurship, Chambre des Métiers, Chapes Bâtiments, Cimalux SA, Circuit Foil Luxembourg,
Citibank Europe Plc, French Branch, Citibank Europe Plc, Luxembourg Branch, Compass Group, Concept and Partners, DuPont de Nemours (Luxembourg) Sàrl, Dussmann Service, Econocom PSF SA, Elisabeth, Ferro-Tech Sàrl, FIL Holdings (Luxembourg) SA, Fonds National de la Recherche (FNR), Garage André Losch Sàrl, Governance, Grosbusch SA, HGK Ship Management Lux Sàrl, HITEC Luxembourg SA, Hogan Lovells (Luxembourg) LLP, House of Startups, House of Training, Ikogest SA, Isomontage Isolation SA, Karp-Kneip SA, Keter Luxembourg Sàrl, L.S.C. Engineering Group SA, La Provençale Sàrl, Levygraphie Sàrl, Lightbulb Sàrl, Losch Luxembourg, Luxembourg Private Equity Association (LPEA), Luxembourg Stock Exchange, Luxinnovation, Luxport SA, Moskito Productions S.A., Munhowen SA, nyuko asbl, Orange Communication, Partnaire Luxembourg Sàrl – Belvaux, Paul Wurth SA, Perrard SA, PrestaCylinders Sàrl, Rockhal, Schroders Investment, Schroeder & Associés SA, SES Satellites, Silversquare Luxembourg, Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois (SNCFL), Sodexo Luxembourg SA, Sopra Steria PSF Luxembourg SA, Spring Professional, Steinmetzdemeyer – Architectes urbanistes, The Bank of New York Mellon, Unites Caps Wiltz, Wansart Sarl